Ok - this one is a little longer than yesterdays. About 15 minutes. But Diane shows up finally!!!! Way to go Di! It looks like her third birthday is at the end. 1968 - I wonder what happened after that time. Did Dad take any additional movies? Mom, do you have any other reels?
Part of this one looks out of order - you'll see towards the end when Mom and Dad are taking a trip to Arizona (was that a premonition?). They look young enough that it may be from a trip before I was born. When I originally had these put on a VHS tape, I tried to order the boxes as best as I could. This may have been out of order, or the guy that did the original conversion messed up.
The reels that were transcribed are just under two hours in length. I now have them on DVD and will burn Jaren, Diane and Mom copies (and any of the grandkids that might want one). When you see the extended version - there are a lot of people that I don't recognize, particularly from Dad's National Guard days. If I can figure out how to burn dvd's with a voice over, I'll have mom do a voice over description while she's here at Christmas - then we'll at least know who people are in future years. For example; Bob is the first baby born - and Dad has a fair amount of video of Bert/Marilyn adn Bob. At first my kids that were watching on a smaller screen thought the little baby was me - I don't show up for several years....
Anyway - this has been fun, but a lot of work (mostly learning). I'd really like to figure out how to make a real "video" tribute of some sort - but for now, just piecing clips together has been fun. I'll try to get back to working on my family camcorder tapes - but since it is a fair amount of work, I need a little bit of encouragement to pull "cousin" footage - otherwise, I'll just focus on my own kids....hint hint. Is this interesting for anyone?
Love you all! For the cousins - enjoy seeing your dad/dad/mom and grandparents 40+ years ago!!!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Dad sorry it's taken me forever to finally comment on this one. But I want you to know that this is VERY interesting to me!! I hope you don't stop because you think no one cares! It's the neatest thing ever to see you as a little boy and see grandma and grandpa as young parents.
I bet the cousins will care more in a few years when they have families of their own and they aren't all teenagers!
After all you can see how well the cousin blog is working out!
Post a Comment